Notices to Matamoras Residents:
The Borough of Matamoras has declared a Limited State of Emergency due to the COVID-19 Outbreak. All Borough Facilities, including the Borough Annex and all Borough Parks will be closed to the public for 4 weeks starting March 16th and then will be reevaluated if an extension is necessary. The Borough Secretary is available via email email@example.com or phone (570) 491-2771 during regular office hours. Garbage Pickup will continue as normal.
Please be advised, taxes must be mailed to our Tax collector. Home drop offs are no longer allowed. The tax collection days scheduled at the Borough Annex are canceled due to COVID-19 Health Concerns.
- Matamoras Borough is continually monitoring the progression of COVID-19.
- At the present time, PEMA continues to monitor suspected cases of COVID-19 infection, with the suspected patients self quarantined.
- Matamoras Borough is monitoring PEMA’s documentation and only PEMA’s documentation. We are not and will not comment on anything from the internet or main stream media.
- If a report is corroborated by Pike EMA, Local Fire, Local EMS, or PEMA, we will act. Otherwise, consider anything else to be unsubstantiated.
- Go about your normal day. Cover your cough, wash your hands, and stay home if you are sick.
- If you have not heard of or prepared a basic family prep list, one is available from PEMA-PAEmergencyPreparednessGuide .
- PEMA podcasts updates are available at noon daily http://pacast.com/live/doh
- Important updates will be posted to the EMA webpage http://matamorasema.com/and the Borough Web page as necessary.
Information from Pike County
- Due to the #COVID19 health crisis, access to the Pike County Administration Building at 506 Broad Street in Milfordis limited to the public until further notice. The public should call ahead for necessary business. Information & details about county services available online can be found at this link. https://bit.ly/pikepa12
- Frequent updates on the COVID-19 situation locally in Pike County are available at this link. http://bit.ly/pikepa11
Make a difference in our community and volunteer to be on a committee.
The Matamoras Building Appeal Board: Meetings are scheduled as needed.
The Matamoras Zoning Hearing Board: Meetings are scheduled as needed.
The Matamoras Planning Commission: Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm.
Please send letters of interest to the Matamoras Borough Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All meetings are held in the Matamoras Borough Hall Annex, 10 Avenue I, Matamoras, PA 18336.
With the exception of holidays, garbage pickup for the Borough of Matamoras is every Monday for Ave. A through Pennsylvania Ave. and Tuesday for Ave. L through Airport Park. If a holiday falls on a Monday then both pickup days are delayed 1 day. If a holiday falls on Tuesday, ONLY Tuesday pick is delayed 1 day. For Christmas, depending on the day off the week December 24th falls on, pickup maybe delayed 2 days. Please click on the above Holiday Schedule link to see the current year’s Holiday Schedule.
US Census Bureau is recruiting people to become Census Takers for the 2020 Census. These positions offer competitive pay, flexible hours, paid training and weekly paychecks. Census Takers in Pike County will earn $16.00/hour and be reimbursed $0.58/mile for travel while they work. Successful applicants will be assigned to work as close to their own homes as possible. They need applicants from within our community. If you are interested call 1-855-JOB-2020 or visit 2020census.gov/jobs
537 Plan Lot Inspection
If you did not receive a On-Lot Sewage Survey and would like to volunteer for a lot inspection of your septic system please complete the linked survey. You may return it the Matamoras Borough Office or send it directly to HRG, their address and email are provide on the survey. The inspections are free, no risk, and no digging inspections. The surveys and inspections will help HRG assess where the highest need areas for public sewage are located within the Borough. The completion of the required amount of inspections increases our chances of receiving additional funding from grants.
- These inspections are for the Act 537 Plan, which needs to be updated and can be used for 20 years of planning
- The purpose is for needs identification of Act 537 Plan, which is required by the DEP
- The inspections will be a quick visual survey (no digging)
- We will not be directly reporting malfunctions to the SEO or other authorities
- The Act 537 Plan is needed for grant funding. If it is not completed, there will be higher fees for connected users